Friday 30 April 2010

Are you ready?

This Curate thinks that it is time to step up to the plate and talk politics. I am a political animal, and can make this assertion for the following reasons:

1. I love my children and the state of the world that they live in is a particular concern

2. I love the people among whom I minister and the state of the world that they live in is a particular concern.

3. I have a highly developed self-preservative sense, and the state of the world that I live in, with my most excellent wife, is a matter of particular concern.

And so we have had three televised debates. If I am honest, I am feeling a little dispondent - but why? Let me summarise their sentiments...

- He is crap and so is his gaggle of n'er do wells. He has messed it up for like ever, man - so I am going to fix it
- He is crap and so is his gaggle of n'er do wells. He hasn't ever run a country so don't listen to him (he did that thing with his bottom lip there, did you see?)
- They are both crap and are talking out of their derrieres - but I might be the casting vote in Parliament, so I am blinkin' marvellous -mwah ha ha ha ha

And so the debate ended with one final round of 'he is crap', 'he is crap' and 'they are crap' and then we move on to Nick Robinson (those glasses are still an enigma to me, by the way) and what do we get?

- Well, he blinked every time he said 'immigrant', so he must be crap
- He stared at the camera without blinking so he must be a robot
- He likes lasagne, so he might win the election
- His quiff was especially lacquered tonight, so we go over to Michael Buerke for comments back at the studio
- He didn't barf on camera, so he might win

What about my children? What about my parishioners? What about me, man? All I know is this - I will not be best pleased if the economy is in the hands of Mr Osborne - poor taste in ties, and he doesn't like jet aircraft (allegedly). Boo.                          and he is a Tory

1 comment:

  1. - and in case you didn't know, the myopic Nick Robinson used to be a leading light in the 'YC's (that's Young Conservatives - an oxymoron if ever there was one!) so his even-handedness is plain to see! Bring back Andrew Marr!
    LL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...