You just know it is going to be one of those days when:
- Get up
- Make the kids' breakfast.
- When walking out of the kitchen, my sleeve caught on a magazine on the worktop, and sent everything around it flying across the floor.
- I turned round and walked into the kitchen door-frame, sending breakfast and milk all over the carpet.
- Making tea for wife and coffee for me, I poured the water into the mug, where it found the teaspoon at the just the right angle to cause said boiling water to re-emerge from the mug vertically, all over the place
- Reprimand from wifelet for the mess
- Pouring milk in tea and coffee, the spout on the new carton caused the milk to avoid a mug, all over the place
- Preparing my cornflakes, the poured milk found the obligatory cornflake that sends all milk that comes into contact with it into orbit
- Opening the curtains, I managed to send the digital picture frame skittering across the floor.
- It is only 08:19am
I perhaps should not be surprised. This has all happened in the same week that my car had been driven into twice, where the wipers on the other car decided to spontaneously knit themselves into a scarf while I drove to a funeral in driving rain, where a blog post melted and had to be scrapped, the printer decided it wasn't wireless any more and required a defibrillator, and the cat chose my pillow to blow chunks on (be sick, that is to say).
Mary Mother of God, pray-ay-ay for me ....